Crush & Impact Resistant without External Armoring
CIR® is a next-generation cable designed to replace old-technology cables like Type MC. This highly robust cable offers significant advantages over Type MC for many oil & gas upstream applications.
Originally available in two constructions, Nexans AmerCable has combined CIR Standard and CIR Arctic Grade into a single product which delivers these outstanding features:
- Passes same crush and impact testing required by UL 2225 for Type MC-HL without the use of external armoring.
- UL Listed as TC-ER-HL (up to 1” OD) - Suitable for use in Class I, Div 2 and Zone 1 environments
- UL Listed as Type TC-ER (greater than 1” OD) - Suitable for use in Class I, Div 2 and Zone 2 environments
- Designed to operate in extremely cold environments
- Brittlepoint as per ASTM D 746-07 exceeds -65°C for the Jacket and -75°C for the Insulation.
- Exceeds CSA cold bend/cold impact (-40°C/-35°C)
- Flame retardant – IEEE 1202
- Flexible for easier installation and longer service life
- Can be reused during upgrades or retrofits
- Smaller bend radius and tray fill than Type MC
- Lower overall installation ul than Type MC