Crush & Impact Resistant without External Armoring
CIR® is a next-generation cable designed to replace old-technology cables like Type MC. This highly robust cable offers significant advantages over Type MC for many industrial and mining applications.
Originally available in two constructions, Nexans AmerCable has combined CIR Standard and CIR Arctic Grade into a single product which delivers these outstanding features:
- Passes same crush and impact testing required by UL 2225 for Type MC-HL without the use of external armoring.
- MSHA approved (2-7 conductors)
- UL Listed as TC-ER-HL (up to 1" OD) - Suitable for use in Class I, Div 2 and Zone 1 environments
- UL Listed as Type TC-ER (greater than 1" OD) - Suitable for use in Class I, Div 2 and Zone 2 environments
- Designed to operate in extremely cold environments
- Brittlepoint as per ASTM D 746-07 exceeds -65°C for the Jacket and -75°C for the Insulation.
- Exceeds CSA cold bend/cold impact (-40°C/-35°C)
- Flame retardant – IEEE 1202
- Flexible for easier installation and longer service life
- Can be reused during upgrades or retrofits
- Smaller bend radius and tray fill than Type MC
- Lower overall installation costs than Type MC